info4africa (formerly HIVAN/HIV-911) is a database containing details on over 12 000 health, wellbeing and development support services across South Africa. Using this database, we specialise in the provision of referral support to the public and to the service provider community. We work across all provinces, in all districts and the referral information we provide has relevance to all communities.
While our expertise is in the area of HIV, TB and STI-related referral support, our database covers all aspects of HIV-related prevention, treatment and support and can be used to assist with referrals to a broad spectrum
of related support programmes.
Being a networking organisation, info4africa also encourages and assists service providers to more effectively connect with one another, locate and recommend supplementary support services for their clients.
The database is constantly maintained, updated and expanded. There are a variety of ways to access the database. For example, each year this data is packaged into a series of provincial hard copy directories that are then made available to the service provider community. The data is also accessible online, via a helpline, a USSD and an SMS service.
There are a variety of ways to access info4africa’s database:
- Online Directory: www.info4africa.org.za
- Visit our mobisite on: http://info4africa.storefind.mobi/
- Contact Centre: Referral Line and Data Collection Line 0860 HIV 911 / 0860 448 911 (office hours)
- Hard copy Directories: To order a hard copy directory for each province, call 031 260 3052
- Mobile Phone Directory: Call *130*448# to search the info4africa directory on your cell phone (Please note that this service is free on all networks, except Vodacom. Vodacom subscribers to call *120*448# at 60 cents a call.)
- Mobile Phone Advice Service: SMS 45080
- or call the National AIDS Helpline on: 0800 012 322
To download a brochure on the info4africa programme, please click here: HIV-911 Brochure
To download a brochure on the Impilo - Health in My Hands project, please click here: Impilo Brochure
directory series of HIV-related services in South Africa is partially made possible
by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency
for International Development (USAID) and the President's Emergency Plan
(PEPFAR). The contents are the responsibility of info4africa (through a sub-agreement with the Foundation for
Professional Development) and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or
the United States Government.